5 Rad Things We LOVE About Lavender
1. Lavender helps relieve anxiety // It's true! I have struggled with severe anxiety for almost two years now, and lavender has been a great comfort/relief to me. I diffuse it, I wear it, I use it in bubble baths.. the list goes on.
2. It's a natural sleep aide // I have a little bag full of dried lavender next to my bed, and before I go to sleep, I breathe the aroma in deep through my nose a few times - works like a charm! Here's a helpful article on how to dry your own at home!
3. It relieves aches and pains // Since dealing with anxiety, I've also struggled with constant aching all over my body. While there are a lot of things that can help this (yoga, basic stretching, massage, a healthy diet) lavender works, too! Try diluting a few drops of essential oil into water and using it as a massage oil.
4. It helps with PMS symptoms // Struggle with PMS? You're not alone. The good news is that lavender is a key player in helping us calm down - which can come in major handy when you're emotions are up and down and you're mad at the mail man, your pet hamster and everything else that moves and breathes. Stop it before it gets worse by rubbing some oil onto the back of your neck and even the bottom of your feet -- it will help you slow down and catch a breath before you decide to throw something large at an innocent bystander. We know...the struggle is real.
5. It's EDIBLE! How cool is that? Just more proof that God is awesome and has filled the earth with natural things that help us. Did you know there are recipes for Lavender Lemonade, Lavender-Honey Iced Latte & Lavender Ice Cream? It doesn't get much better than that, y'all.